As with every top 10 list, these are in particular order. Of course, it should be the top billion things I should do, but we just don’t have enough space or time for that. So, here goes:
1. Exercise!! At one point, I worked out every day. Ran, lifted, aerobics–you name it I did it. Yeah, not so much now. I have a Garmin step counter deal, but, believe me, it hasn’t motivated me to do more. Now, it’s just proof of how lazy I am.
I could so say that it’s because it’s winter. When I get home it’s dark and cold and blah, blah, blah. We all know that’s not true.
2.Write every single day. I think that’s more than enough said on that topic.
3. Eat healthier. I really try, but you know when someone has a birthday at work and they serve cake. CAKE!! Yep, can’t turn that down.
4. Take better care of myself. I’m not talking about exercise or eating healthy, but being kinder to me. Sometimes it’s easier to be nice to those around me, than to be to myself. Does that make sense??
5. Save money. I have a retirement, but it’s certainly not nearly enough. I really should save more, but it ends up looking more like:
6. Actually publish a book.
7. Save to travel to Scotland. I’ve always wanted to go. My dream is to touch Hadrian’s Wall. And, this has been a dream since I was a child. Don’t ask me how I learned what Hadrian’s Wall is, since I have no idea. But, as long as I can remember, that has been my biggest need/want/desire.
8. Spend more time outside. I’m indoors all the time. Whether it’s for work, or traveling, or once I get home. I rarely spend any time outdoors, but I need to. I used to hike, but that kind of slipped away. I have this thing about bugs. I mean a huge thing about bugs. So, when I’ve hiked before it was in the winter. No bugs. So, I need to get back to that. You’d be surprised the things you can see in the winter. For instance, no bugs.
9. Craft more. I actually love crafting and enjoy it while I’m doing it. So, I should do more of it.
10. Get out more. I have clinical depression and it rears its ugly head quite a bit. When I’m in the middle of it, all I want to do is hide away. I lose touch with people that I love. I just stop communicating. It takes so much energy to get up and go to work and do the things I have to do, that once I’m home I just can’t people anymore. I hope they understand. It’s not that I don’t want to talk to them or hang out or whatever, but I just don’t have the energy.
And, there we go, the top 10 things I should do, but don’t. Now, go see what’s rocking with Bronwyn, Jessica, Kris, Torrance, Siobhan, and Deelylah